Wednesday, September 30, 2009

maybe this is ok

school has hit that point where it feels impossible to keep up, but somehow i manage to pull off those last-minute essays and do decently well on the tests over books i just skimmed through. what school really teaches you is how to manufacture really good sounding bullshit. nah, that's not entirely true, i've learned some cool stuff in school... but that's a post for a different time.

i've actually been doing a lot of research and reading on my own. I don't actually have the time for it and i should be spending that time on school work, but i love learning about things that i'm actually interested in. Wikipedia is the greatest thing that has happened in my lifetime. I can spend many hours on there and not get tired of it. You can learn anything, and I would venture a guess that most of it is going to be accurate (they have a lot stricter rules for posting stuff than they used to). Most recently I read an article about this man:


His name is Danger Mouse and he's an incredibly interesting person. I give him mad props for everything he's accomplished and his attitude toward it all. go look him up on Wikipedia if you so desire.

also, now that the Tiger Cub album is completed i'm thinking of releasing a solo EP. I have 3 songs so far and I'll probably try and write one more. They are going to be more intense and guitar-driven compared to Tiger Cub songs, but hopefully you'll like them. I'll put it up on here for download when i finish it... which i'm hoping will happen by the end of October.

this turned into a pretty long post. those of you who read it, thanks for keeping up on my life and make sure to tell me if you have a blog because i like to read other peoples' thought too. or we can just get together and chat sometime... haha.

Sincerely,
Siberian

No comments: